Friday, July 1, 2011

Bumperstickers..


BUMPERSTICKERS
Sending all the world a message, everywhere you cruise,
About your special interest in issues making news.
Telling them in words succinct, your preferences and likes,
Bumpergram graffiti on the trucks and cars and bikes.

They don't all bear repeating, but some are pretty cute..
"God loves you, and I'm trying..", I think is just a beaut.
"I'd rather be surfing", or fishing or courting, and
"My other car is a Rolls", "My I.Q. test was negative",
says one, while others promote life's little goals.

Warning of how certain guns are such a deadly menace, and
Work is for the ones who never learned the game of tennis.
Advertising pretty [hot] places where infidels should go...
Telling those who love to ski, they simply must "Think Snow".

"Keep honking, I'm reloading", "Don't follow me--I'm lost",
The bumper banners often speak of modern Pentecost..
From Key West to Seattle taste these Interstate delights...
Everybody's views proclaiming First Amendment rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment